Harusame Salad is a very refreshing noodle salad with lots of vegetables. Perfect dish during the hot and humid summer season. However it can be served all year long ;)
Vegetarian people can remove the ham and egg (seasonings are just fine, so you don't have to add anything to substitute them)!
Harusame Noodle Salad
Number of servings: 4
40g (1.4oz.) Harusame noodles (cellophane noodles)
4 slices ham
50g (1.8oz.) carrot
a pinch of salt
* 1 tbsp. vinegar (rice or cereal)
* 1 tbsp. soy sauce
* 1 tbsp. ground toasted white sesame seeds
* 1/2 tbsp. sesame oil
* 1 tsp. sugar
lemon juice if you like
1. Cut ham and cucumber into thin strips.
2. Cut carrot into thin strips, place them on a microwavable dish, cover with plastic wrap, then microwave at 500w for 1 minute to make them soft.
3. Season an egg with a pinch of salt, then mix well. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan and make 1 or 2 thin omelets (depending on the size of your frying pan). Leave to cool on a plate, then cut into thin strips.
4. Cook Harusame noodles in boiling water, wash with cold water, cut into bite size pieces if necessary, then drain well.
5. In a large bowl, mix the seasonings. Add cucumber, ham, carrot, egg, and Harusame, then toss well to coat. If you like, you can mix in some lemon juice to finish to add more refreshing flavor ;)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Thursday, July 14, 2016
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
Very easy and beautiful idea to decorate your sweets :) Sakura will be in bloom in April. Can't wait for spring to come!!! http://...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
My friend Mandi sent me some gifts from Tacoma! http://createeathappy.blogspot.jp/2014/04/gifts-from-tacoma-washington.html She was a hos...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...
Mix and bake! Super easy and healthy!!! Very rich and tasty without dairy product. yum Note: please use a square cake pan for the brownie...