Tai-Meshi (Sea Bream Rice) is one of the most popular dishes served on festive occasions, such as birthdays, New Year, weddings, etc… However, of course, it can be also served on a regular day!!!
July 15th 2016 was 大安 戌の日 (Taian Inu no hi) which is the best calendar day to pray for a safe delivery. Thus, we've been to the Suitengu shrine in Tokyo where is well known for praying for a safe and easy delivery. We also gave thanks for the easy delivery of our daughter.
Then we visited Tsukiji Jonai (inner market) on the way back to home. We bought Tai (sea bream) at 樋栄 (HIEI) for 1300yen (about 13 bucks)! It was a great deal. They cleaned the fish and filleted in 2 pieces. We made Tai-Meshi using the bone side of the fillet. Poêle with the other side. Fish bone clear soup with the head. We added the memorial rice we received from the shrine to cook Tai-Meshi :)
Tai-Meshi (Sea Bream Rice)
Number of servings: 4
3 cups uncooked Japanese rice (short-grain rice)
cleaned sea bream (bone side of the fillet)
1 tbsp. salt
10cm/4inch-square Konbu (kelp)
2 tbsp. Sake
1 tbsp. light soy sauce
Mitsuba (Japanese wild parsley) if you like
1. Wash rice and leave for about 30 minutes. If you are using pre-washed rice (musenmai) you don't have to wash it.
2. Coat the sea bream with salt and bake in the oven at 220C (428F) or a fish roaster for about 15-20 minutes.
3. Place the rice in a pot, add water to the appropriate level indicated in the pot, add Sake, add light soy sauce, then mix well.
4. Clean Konbu with moistened towel and place it on top of the rice. Then place the sea bream on Kombu (in this way bones won't fall into the rice).
5. Place the pot into the rice cooker. Cover and press the button to start.
6. When it's done, take the sea bream and Kombu out from the rice cooker. Remove the bones and put back the fish meat, then mix in.
7. Serve in a dish and garnish with chopped Mitsuba (Japanese wild parsley) if you like.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, July 19, 2016
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...
You don't need an oven :) Crunchy crust and moist cream cheese filling. yummy!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJgR90_-W_4 Just ...
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...