Simple yet delicious rice dish using Edamame (green soybeans)! Simple salt seasoning enhances the flavor of Edamame. Perfect for bento box :)
How to Cook Fresh Edamame with Shells with Perfect Saltiness:
Edamame Gohan (Rice)
Difficulty: Very Easy
Time: 15min + cooking time
Number of servings: 4
2 cups uncooked Japanese rice (short-grain rice)
300g (10.6oz.) frozen unshelled Edamame (green soybeans)
* 1 tbsp. Sake
* 1 tbsp. Mirin (sweet Sake)
* 2/3 tsp. salt
10cm/4inch-square Kombu (kelp)
1. Defrost Edamame (the best way to defrost is to leave at the room temperature for 1-2 hours. however, if you don't have time, you can use microwave). Wash rice and leave for about 30 minutes. If you are using pre-washed rice (Musenmai) you don't have to wash it.
2. Place the rice in a pot, add water to the appropriate level indicated in the pot, add A, then mix well.
3. Clean Kombu with moistened towel and place it on top of the rice. Place the pot into the rice cooker. Cover and press the button to start.
4. Meanwhile, remove the edamame beans from the pods.
5. When the rice is cooked, take the Kombu out from the rice cooker, then mix in Edamame, and serve.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
鳳梨酥 Pineapple Cakes and 緑豆小月餅 Green Bean Cake @ 犁記餅店 リージービンディェン (Taipei Leechi) 鳳梨酥 Pineapple Cakes and 緑豆沙 Green Bean Cake @ 李製餅家 リーズー...
For those who have requested me the Japanese Cheesecake, this is the easiest recipe! Worth to try it out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
Zeppole (zeppoli) is a fried choux pastry traditionally eaten on March 19th, which is St. Joseph Day (la festa di San Giuseppe), also father...
Katsu Sando is Cutlet Sandwich. It is perfect for Bento (lunchbox item) and potluck parties, too! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmkdRm8...
Did you know you can make pancakes with just 2 ingredients?! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXNa4M-FtqY I think it is pretty popular r...
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Almost too cute to eat :3 Adorable hugging cookies made with Sakura. Perfect for Spring season!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=berHW3...
Very easy, light, and delicious :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AuUr_9oI3Q I prefer to make in this way than adding eggs. It is tas...
One batter which magically divides into three layers, three different textures: a fudge base, gâteau au chocolat center, and sponge top! ...
Pocky is a very popular treat produced by the Ezaki Glico Company of Japan! It is one of the sweets that kids want to make from scratch ;) ...