Simple yet delicious rice dish using Edamame (green soybeans)! Simple salt seasoning enhances the flavor of Edamame. Perfect for bento box :)
How to Cook Fresh Edamame with Shells with Perfect Saltiness:
Edamame Gohan (Rice)
Difficulty: Very Easy
Time: 15min + cooking time
Number of servings: 4
2 cups uncooked Japanese rice (short-grain rice)
300g (10.6oz.) frozen unshelled Edamame (green soybeans)
* 1 tbsp. Sake
* 1 tbsp. Mirin (sweet Sake)
* 2/3 tsp. salt
10cm/4inch-square Kombu (kelp)
1. Defrost Edamame (the best way to defrost is to leave at the room temperature for 1-2 hours. however, if you don't have time, you can use microwave). Wash rice and leave for about 30 minutes. If you are using pre-washed rice (Musenmai) you don't have to wash it.
2. Place the rice in a pot, add water to the appropriate level indicated in the pot, add A, then mix well.
3. Clean Kombu with moistened towel and place it on top of the rice. Place the pot into the rice cooker. Cover and press the button to start.
4. Meanwhile, remove the edamame beans from the pods.
5. When the rice is cooked, take the Kombu out from the rice cooker, then mix in Edamame, and serve.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...
You don't need an oven :) Crunchy crust and moist cream cheese filling. yummy!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJgR90_-W_4 Just ...
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...