Simple yet delicious rice dish using Edamame (green soybeans)! Simple salt seasoning enhances the flavor of Edamame. Perfect for bento box :)
How to Cook Fresh Edamame with Shells with Perfect Saltiness:
Edamame Gohan (Rice)
Difficulty: Very Easy
Time: 15min + cooking time
Number of servings: 4
2 cups uncooked Japanese rice (short-grain rice)
300g (10.6oz.) frozen unshelled Edamame (green soybeans)
* 1 tbsp. Sake
* 1 tbsp. Mirin (sweet Sake)
* 2/3 tsp. salt
10cm/4inch-square Kombu (kelp)
1. Defrost Edamame (the best way to defrost is to leave at the room temperature for 1-2 hours. however, if you don't have time, you can use microwave). Wash rice and leave for about 30 minutes. If you are using pre-washed rice (Musenmai) you don't have to wash it.
2. Place the rice in a pot, add water to the appropriate level indicated in the pot, add A, then mix well.
3. Clean Kombu with moistened towel and place it on top of the rice. Place the pot into the rice cooker. Cover and press the button to start.
4. Meanwhile, remove the edamame beans from the pods.
5. When the rice is cooked, take the Kombu out from the rice cooker, then mix in Edamame, and serve.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Ohagi or Botamochi is a traditional Japanese sweet made with sweet sticky rice and sweet Azuki (red bean paste). There are different stories...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
Easy and refreshing salad idea :) Yukari (ゆかり) is a very popular Japanese red Shiso leaves (red perilla) rice seasoning. http://www.you...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Umaki is broiled eel wrapped in Japanese rolled omelette (called Tamagoyaki, Dashimakitamago, or Atsuyakitamago). Egg is juicy and eel makes...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Mix and bake! Super easy and healthy!!! Very rich and tasty without dairy product. yum Note: please use a square cake pan for the brownie...
This idea is perfect for Bento lunch box and parties ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOs4fLpwQnI Use a knife to cut a zigzag through...