Don't worry if you don't have a steamer. You can make Shumai in a frying pan!
Shumai or Siu Mai is a dim sum favorite, with an easy pork/shrimp filling. Canned ingredients (scallops and crab meat) give nice flavor. You can eat them without soy sauce dipping ;) Perfect for parties and Bento lunch box!!!
Easy n' Delicious Shumai Dumplings in a Frying Pan
Number of servings: about 30 pieces
30 Shumai wrappers (or wonton wrappers)
* 250g (8.8oz.) ground pork
* 100g (3.5oz.) chopped prawn
* 50g (1.8oz.) canned scallops
* 50g (1.8oz.) canned crab meat
* 4 tbsp. chopped long onion
* 2 chopped dried Shiitake mushrooms
* 1 tbsp. grated ginger
* 1 tbsp. sesame oil
* 1/2 tbsp. sugar
* 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
* salt and pepper
green peas if you like
1. Put the ingredients for the filling in a bowl and mix well by hand (hand is better but using a spoon is okay) until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
2. Place the filling in the middle of the wrapper. Then form an "o" with your left hand and push the filling into the "o" to shape into a little cylinder. Drop onto a counter to flatten out the bottom. Use a spoon to fold in the edges. Top with a green pea if you like. (please watch the video)
3. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan. Place the Shumai and cook on high heat until the bottoms become a bit brown. Add 100ml water, when it becomes to a boil, cover, and steam on med-low heat for 10 min until cooked. Uncover and cook until the water is gone.
Serve with a mixture of soy sauce and a little yellow mustard if preferred.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Friday, September 9, 2016
Easy n' Delicious Shumai Dumplings in a Frying Pan - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Ohagi or Botamochi is a traditional Japanese sweet made with sweet sticky rice and sweet Azuki (red bean paste). There are different stories...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
Easy and refreshing salad idea :) Yukari (ゆかり) is a very popular Japanese red Shiso leaves (red perilla) rice seasoning. http://www.you...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Umaki is broiled eel wrapped in Japanese rolled omelette (called Tamagoyaki, Dashimakitamago, or Atsuyakitamago). Egg is juicy and eel makes...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Mix and bake! Super easy and healthy!!! Very rich and tasty without dairy product. yum Note: please use a square cake pan for the brownie...
This idea is perfect for Bento lunch box and parties ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOs4fLpwQnI Use a knife to cut a zigzag through...